Christian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, March 25, 2011

Gideon Finally Believed

The morning air was fresh complemented by the bird's chirping and a little breeze coming through my window calms my soul. I talked with God and also asked Him if there are any stories or particular verses He would like to speak to me today. And soon with my Touchpoint bible NLT, i went to the topic of Decision Making. Truly as bible believing Christians , we know we should seek wisdom from the Lord for major decisions we need to make.
The verses that I read that stood out was..

Psalm 25:4 Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow
- Right decisions are found to be inline with the truth found in God's word,  a humble prayer.

Proverbs 18:13 Intelligent people are always open to new ideas. In fact, they look for them.
- Not many people like to do this but I felt it helps alot along with seeking God.

Then finally it brought me to the story of Gideon and how God used a timid, fearful man to conquer the Midianites. The highlights of the story for me is this, I like to make it point form for easier reading.

1. Gideon was hiding away scared when God called Him.
2. He had the priviledge of seeing an angel of God face to face. *I prayed I would see too :)
3. God told him he would have victory over Midianites but Gideon asked for God confirmation 3 times. Even after having an encounter with the angel of God. God was nice enough to confirm for him instead of knocking his head and say" How many times do I have to tell you, then forget it, I'll get somebody else."
4. It was nice to read how God make the fleece wet but the ground dry and vice versa. Gideon finally believed that God will give victory to Gideon over the Midianites after 3 confirmations.
5. To show the Israelites that God is truly with them, He asked Gideon to cut the army down to just 300men to win over 10000 Midianites or more. Wow!
6. And finally they won, Gideon also received prosperity through the ornaments he took from the enemies. Sad to say after Gideon had passed away, the Israelites went back to worship Baal.

Read it on your own, allow God to teach and encourage you through Gideon at Judges 6 - 8. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment