Christian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jeremiah 6:16

Jeremiah 6:16 (NIV)
16 This is what the LORD says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'


I read this verse this morning and it stirred an inquisitive spirit in me to question more on what it is speaking to me. The words that struck out IS
'STAND' - to be still before the Lord
'LOOK' - to consider,observe and study the ways
'ASK' - to ask God of the best option

I looked up further on 'ANCIENT PATHS' and it speaks of ways of life walked by our spiritual fathers of the past.Example when we want to learn something new, we seek teachers who has experience and have the knowledge to show us what is the best way to learn. Likewise it also mean quoting a preacher "God has prescribed for us to walk as found in God’s Word in the Scripture. They are, simply put, “God’s will for us.”

Consequently we will find rest for our souls. I believe in each of our life, we seek peace in all we do. But as much as we know what is right to do, there are times we just don't do it. Just like Romans 7:15 says, I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.. Thank God for His patience, grace and kindness to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment