Christian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Revelation 3:15-16

15 ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 ‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth

Whenever I read this passage, I start to wonder how much of being lukewarm can one be till God gets angry. We all know God have a holy anger against sin. God is also a God of love who gave His only Son Jesus so we can have eternal life and a relationship with Him.
Through this hyperbole(verse above), God shows me how much I have to be in tune with His word to know the temperature of my walk with Him. Being complacent can bring a person a whole lot of problems and before we know it , we can't get out of the hot soup.I came across this story about an experiment on a frog and it gives me a good reminder that we can never outsmart God thinking we know best (human wisdom). Sometimes when we don't mend the small hole in our shirt, it gets bigger and soon it will become too ugly to mend anymore. And we probably wouldn't want to wear it anymore.
God in His graciousness allows us to make mistakes and come out from it. Just remember to come out before it gets too hot.

A FROG
Bill Coors, chairman of the Coors beer company, says there's a psychology experiment, which, he hastens to add, isn't done anymore because it isn't very nice. You start with a frog and two buckets of water. One bucket contains cold water, the other hot. Put the frog in the cold water, and it doesn't do much, but in the hot water, it jumps around and makes quite a fuss. Then put the frog in the cold water, and put the water over a low flame. The frog sits there, quietly, until it is cooked. The change happens gradually, the frog doesn't sense it, and the frog dies. Coors says too many people are like that frog: They do not sense change in the environment until it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment