Christian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

God's Reminder

Our smartphones are usually our reminders nowadays and we put schedules into the calendars so that it can alert us when the appointment is near.
There's a day I arranged for a replacement class with my student for a Monday morning but I had forgotten to put it in my calendar. Her slot was typically Thursday. However, come Sunday, as I was having dinner with some friends, something bugged me and I kept asking myself and thinking out loud "What do I need to do tomorrow morning?" They practically laughed at me for asking myself that once every 15 minutes. That night I told God since you're not revealing anything to me then there must be no appointment whatsoever. There is no single inkling to that replacement at all. Gone from my mind.

Next morning, my student texted me to say she will be late for lesson. Then it dawned on me, I was suppose to teach this student that morning. Thankfully I had enough time to drive there for class. On my way there, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratefulness that God cared about this little things. He could have taught me a lesson not to be careless with my appointments. To be more organized with my work. If my student hadn't texted me about being a little late, she would end up waiting for a no-show teacher and that would definitely look bad on me.

I praised God in the car and tears started welling up my eyes and I was so deeply touched. It's like someone in your life took note of that little issue you been dealing with and came to your aid.  I'm just grateful that He cared about my forgetfulness. You must be thinking its not a big deal, but to me it is as I'm quite particular with time and schedule and to lose focus can be very frustrating.

God showed He truly cares about everything in our life. 

Matthew 10:29-31
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fail to the ground outside your Fathers care. And even the hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment