Christian Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, April 24, 2009

Proverbs 19:23


The fear of the Lord leads to life:
Then one rests content, untouched by trouble.


It dawns upon me how true that the fear of the Lord has guided me towards life - life that is of substance. The fear of the Lord is not a guilt-driven, squimmish, terrorizing kind of feeling but of reverence and respect to who God is and His Word. When we respect someone, we honor the person's words and our Great God is one who keeps His Word and His promises are yes and amen.
Many times i see His hand upon my life or those around me and I'm amazed at the way He moves in different situations. As a child, when my mother taught me not to do certain bad things and when I listened and obeyed, there is a value added to my life. It does not makes me dumber instead I become wiser. So it is with obeying God's Word.
This verse further defines the fear of the Lord - "Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

Life as a Christian is not always a bed of roses or a total absence of trouble when we fear the Lord. "Untouched by trouble" means there is nothing that God would allow us to go through without giving us the strength to overcome it. Unless we refuse His help as God gives us a right to choose. Sometimes we are deceived by the evil one that when we face hardships, we are hopeless, we should give up. When we turn our eyes upon Jesus, honoring His words, there is a power within to take us through it and over it. Evil, troubles, destructions may come, but no weapon against us will prosper. I have learned to set my mind upon Him though it may be difficult most of the times but God is always faithful and ever-present to lead me back to the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment